Moon Tahoe & Reno
Local Spots, Getaway Ideas, Hiking & Skiing
From the glittering lake and trail-lined mountains to Old West towns and artsy urban centers, experience the best of this adventurous region with Moon Tahoe & Reno. Inside you’ll find:
- Flexible itineraries, including a week-long Lake Tahoe road trip, long weekends for both winter and summer, and the one-week best of Tahoe and Reno
- Strategic advice for hikers, skiers, beach bums, families with kids, foodies and brewery lovers, and more
- The best hikes in Tahoe: Find your adventure, from challenging mountain treks to serene meadow walks, with trail descriptions, difficulty ratings, and maps
- Outdoor adventures for any season: Hit the slopes and get the first tracks through snow-covered pines or spark your adrenaline on the Heavenly Blue Streak zipline. Mountain bike along the breathtaking cliffside Flume Trail, whitewater raft down the Truckee River, and kayak the crystalline waters of Emerald Bay. Hike the rugged Rubicon Trail along the shores of Lake Tahoe to the remarkable Vikingsholm Castle or trek a section of the famed Pacific Crest Trail. Take a relaxing dip in a natural hot spring, soak in the serenity of a secret beach, and watch the sun set over the lake
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Drive around Lake Tahoe’s 72-mile shoreline, stop at scenic viewpoints, and meander through Old West mountain towns. Stroll past the sculptures and boutiques of Reno’s Truckee Riverwalk or explore the interactive installations of Reno Playa Art Park. Take a ride on a 150-year-old railroad route or descend deep into an underground mine. See what’s on tap at Reno’s award-winning craft breweries, sip craft cocktails in a trendy lounge or try your luck at a casino
- Expert advice from Tahoe local Nicole Szanto on where to eat, where to stay, and how to minimize your environmental impact
- Full-color photos and maps throughout, including a fold-out map
- Thorough background on the weather, wildlife, and history, plus tips on getting there and getting around by car and public transportation
With Moon Tahoe & Reno’s practical tips and local insight, you can plan your trip your way.
Want to keep on driving? Pick up a copy of Moon Northern California Road Trips.